Craft Show Jewelry Ideas for Kids
Kids love to wear (and make) jewelry just as much as grownups do – and a cool product name can make more sales of children’s jewelry items!
Here are some products kids can make, either from kits you’ve put together ahead of time, or by choosing their own supplies from a selection. (However, be warned – whenever you let people choose their own components, they often take a VERY long time to make their choices!)
1) Princess Bracelet – little girls adore this one! Possible components: large-hole beads strung on a pretty ribbon that ties onto the princess’ wrist with a bow; beads strung on heavy-duty stretch cord; beads strung on beading wire and fastened with a base-metal toggle clasp. Pink and purple are a must in these designs.
2) Dragon-Bone Necklace – boys love this one! Simply use a variety of bone beads and a few interesting spacer beads on leather cord and fasten off with sliding, adjustable knots.
3) Surfer Necklace – for boys or girls. Should be choker-length. Use a variety of “natural” beads like clay, bone, horn, wood, recycled glass, etc. String onto leather cord or rubber tubing, and fasten with sliding leather knots or a basemetal clasp.
4) Friendship Bracelet – for boys or girls. Can be made with “natural” beads strung on hemp or leather cord.
5) Friendship Ankle Bracelet – same as the bracelet, except made ankle-size.
6) Magic Bracelet – for boys or girls. An assortment of small magnetic hematite beads makes an endlessly fascinating toy as well as a piece of jewelry.
These jewelry items also make great ready-made products you can make yourself and sell lots of, especially at fairs and festivals where there will be a lot of kids asking their adults, “Can I have this?”
Use components that will allow you to price these items profitably in the $3 to $15 range for maximum sales. Remember, kids don’t need sterling silver or real gemstones to be thrilled with their jewelry!
Check the “clearance” sections of your favorite online jewelry suppliers for items you can use in these products, or buy cheap components in bulk.